Seeing as this is my first blog post, it would make sense for you to get to know the real me a bit better. I thought I’d start off with my top three of things I love. The majority of JustButtons blog posts will probably revolve around these topics so best to know what you’re getting yourself in for!
Let’s start with the Geekier side of things;
Top three films/film series;
- The Harry Potter Series – I am a Potter Head and I will always be a Potter Head. Nothing could ever change that.
- Despicable Me – This is my go-to feel good movie. If I’m ever down, this is the film to make me watch.
- The Proposal – Again, another one of my go-to feel good movies. Plus, Ryan Reynolds – Need I say more?!
Top Three Games;
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – I have never had as much fun as I did playing this game on the Wii. I’m desperately saving up to buy the HD WiiU version, or praying someone buys it for my birthday next month! *Hint hint*
- Pokemon (The whole series) – I literally am in love with Pokemon, still am at the age of 23 *Hides face in hands!*. I really could not choose which game is my favourite, so I’ll leave it at that…
- The Sims 3 – The Sims franchise is one I have always played since the first game came out back in 2000. My favourite is The Sims 3 as I feel it’s the most user friendly – My computer just can’t handle The Sims 4 very well!
Top Three TV Series;
- The Mighty Boosh – I can’t count the amount of times I’ve watched each series, and I still find it just as funny every single time!
- Adventure Time – This is where a real big geeky side of me comes out. I swear it’s not just for kids!!
- The Big Bang Theory – Loved every episode of this TV series. It’s changed so much since the first episode but I love it just as much.
Let’s move on to less geeky things…
Top Three Countries I’ve Visited;
- Mexico – My husband and I visited Riviera Maya in Mexico last year on our Honeymoon and it’s such an amazing country. I was not expecting the culture to be so different and everyone was so friendly. We’ve already decided we want to go back!
- Norway – I’ve been to Norway twice at the ages of about 8 and 10. Both times we stayed somewhere completely different; once in Oslo and once somewhere north near the mountains. I loved it so much and I’m desperate to go back!
- Denmark – We stayed in the Capital City, Copenhagen, and loved it so much. It’s so easy to travel around on the Metro and there is a lot to do no matter what season it is.
Top Three Cakes/Bakes (Seeing as I’m a lover of baking);
- Battenburg – Gahhh I love Battenburg so much. I could eat a whole one – Not even kidding!
- Butterfly Cupcakes – Such an easy classic cupcake. I remember making these since I was a young child, and they are gorgeous!
- White Chocolate Cheesecake – A very specific White Chocolate Cheesecake however. Click Here for the exact recipe. I’ve made it so many times (without the Rhubarb Compote) and it’s always a winner.
Top Three Favourite Artists/Bands;
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t get enough of the song ‘SexyBack’…
- Panic! At the Disco – I’m loving their new album at the moment. I swear it’s not on repeat in my car when driving…..
- AC/DC – This would be my Dads influence. I grew up listening to AC/DC rather loudly when my Mum was out of the house (She isn’t the biggest fan)!
Top Three Make Up Brands (Even though I’m a huge geeky weirdo, I am a fan of make up too!);
- Estee Lauder – They seem to be the only make up brand that can closely match my ridiculously pale skin tone…
- Revlon – My go-to on the high street make up brand. I own too many of their lip products!
- Urban Decay – Oh my gosh I cannot get enough of their Eye Shadow Palettes! My favourite being the Vice 3 Palette, the shades are divine!
I’ll leave it there for now so I don’t bore you too much! If you’d like to know a bit more about me, feel free to ask any questions in the comments below. I can’t wait to get stuck in to this blog, so watch this space!